Melissa's whole crockpot chicken. Crockpot Chicken and Rice is a hearty one pot meal made in a slow cooker. Italian marinated chicken breasts are cooked with a flavorful rice pilaf that's rich and filling. It's guaranteed to become a family favorite you can enjoy any night of the week.
You can serve the entire chicken as the main dish, rotisserie style, or shred it up to use in other recipes. My Favorite Place to Buy Whole Chicken. I am a big fan of buying smart when it comes to the meats I serve my family. You can have Melissa's whole crockpot chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Melissa's whole crockpot chicken
- It’s 4 lb of whole chicken (no insides).
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of Shallot powder (or onion powder).
- It’s 1 tsp of Poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 of cayenne pepper.
Crockpot Whole Chicken is what I prepare when I don't have much time to make a decent meal but still want a hearty and healthy one. It is easy to assemble, set, and just forget about it for hours! I get to do other things away from the kitchen as this dish cooks ever so slowly. Cooking a whole chicken in a crock pot is an easy way to have dinner ready in no time at all.
Melissa's whole crockpot chicken step by step
- Combine all spices in a small bowl..
- Place chicken in 6-qt crockpot. Rub spice mixture over all parts of the chicken. DON'T add any water or liquid. Chicken will release juices during cooking process..
- Cook until chicken is fully cooked. Roughly, low heat 5-7 hours, high heat 2.5-4 hours. Add additional time for larger chickens, but don't over cook or chicken will be dry. Reserve bones, skin, and juices and see "Melissa's homemade chicken stock"..
Juicy tender chicken with little prep to be done and the crock pot does the rest. This slow cooker recipe is so simple and easy. I love to make boneless skinless chicken breasts with stuffing thrown right in, in my crockpot! When slow cooking whole birds such as chicken or turkey there are a few things you need to know. First of all, slow cookers provide a moist cooking environment but, won't crisp the skin.