Tripleta / 3 Meat Sub. Tripleta is a popular sandwich from Puerto Rico, its name derived from the fact that it is filled with three types of meat: grilled steak, lechon pork, and ham. The meat is placed in a loaf of fresh bread and topped with fries, ketchup, mayonnaise, cheese, and vegetables such as lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, and onions. Those meats are typically a roast pork, the Puerto Rican pernil or Cuban lechon, along with cube steak and ham, but can include chicken or longaniza sausage.
Add the cheese, then stack the ham, pork and steak on top. Add the fried plantains, if using, and finish with the lettuce and tomato. This one comes with a strong qualifier: It is not a bad sandwich, but neither is it a very good one. You can have Tripleta / 3 Meat Sub using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tripleta / 3 Meat Sub
- Prepare 3 large of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 10 slice of Ham.
- It’s 1 of Sofrito.
- Prepare 1 packages of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 of Adobo or Seasoning of choice.
- You need 1 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 2 clove of Chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 of Mayo.
- It’s 1 of Ketchup.
- You need 1 loaf of Bread.
It exists to serve a very specific purpose in Philly's sandwich ecology. Hot; Cold; Hot Hot Hoagies & Sandwiches Hoagies. Savor Wawa's hot hoagies, including Meatball and Cheesesteak. Tripleta Sandwich + Choice of Antojitos.
Tripleta / 3 Meat Sub step by step
- Season chicken with adobo or your seasoning of choice..
- Chop up ham into bite size cubed..
- On medium heat, sautee ground beef until browned. Once cooked, drain excess oil and add sofrito, adobo and sazon package. Adjust seasoning to taste, stir and incorporate well, lower heat and cover pan..
- On another pan, on medium heat cook chicken breast (either whole or chopped up in bite size cubes). Once cooked, incorporate with ground beef..
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add the ham and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, incorporate with ground beef and chicken. Mix well and cover lid on low heat..
- For the Mayo Ketchup sauce, chop up your garlic cloves and mix together with about 3 tablespoons of ketchup and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Sauce should come out pink. (If too garlicky you can add more ketchup and mayo).
- Cut bread to the size of your choice and put Mayo Ketchup sauce on both slices, add your meat and any toppings of your choice. I like to add crunchy potato stix and lettuce. Drizzle more sauce over toppings and enjoy!.
Chicken, steak, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and mayonnaise ketchup. Carne Frita con Tostones + Choice of Sandwiches.. Quesadilla with tripleta meat, cheese, sour cream, mayo ketchup, and side pico de gallo.. Tripleta sandwich Courtesy photo A new eatery focused on classic Puerto Rican dishes is now cooking in Barrio Logan. Tito's Deli has taken over the kitchen inside Attitude Brewing, bringing the island's popular tripleta, a three-meat pressed sandwich traditionally made with grilled steak, pork roast, and ham stuffed inside a sobao roll, to.