Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken. Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken Southwest Grilled Chicken – Three ingredients and a hot grill are all that's needed to add a taste of the southwest to tacos, fajitas, salads, and more. Rub this blend on to individual chicken pieces and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one hour prior to grilling. Use the paste on steaks or roasts.
Simple steps to make Southwest Grilled Chicken Drumsticks Preheat the grill and clean it well. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray to prevent the chicken legs from sticking Brush the chicken with olive oil. Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken instructions Rinse the chicken and pat dry. You can cook Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken
- Prepare of For the meat.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s of For the marinade.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lite olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Frank's Red Hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need of The slather sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lite Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Frank's Red Hot.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of Paprika.
If you have some thick pieces, filet them in half. Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken step by step. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. If you have some thick pieces, filet them in half.
Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken instructions
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. If you have some thick pieces, filet them in half. You're looking for about 1/2 inch thick..
- Put the chicken into a large bowl. Now add all of the ingredients of the marinade. Use a pair of tongs to flip the chicken over a few times to make sure it's coated evenly..
- Cover and put it in the refrigerator. You can leave it there for as little as half an hour, or up to about 4 hours. Note: I usually only have time for about half an hour, so at this point I would go out and light a chimney starter of coals..
- Add all of the ingredients for the slather sauce to a small bowl and mix thoroughly. It will be a lot thicker then the marinade. Set aside for later..
- So, this is where the magic happens. Set up your grill for high heat, and be sure to clean the grates. Take the chicken out of the bowl and put it right on the grill. No need to oil the grates here, you've already oiled the chicken..
- Close the lid and crack a cold one, you won't be busy for about 5 minutes. If you want to get fancy though, give the chicken a quarter turn after about 2 1/2 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken over. With a basting brush, slather on about half the sauce. You now have another 5 minutes to finish your beer..
- At this point an instant-read thermometer should tell you that your chicken is about 155°F. Flip it again and use the rest of the sauce. Watch carefully here, you want the chicken to get right to 160..
- You're done! Pull the chicken off the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!.
Put the chicken into a large bowl. Now add all of the ingredients of the marinade. Use a pair of tongs to flip the chicken over a few times to make sure it's coated evenly. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag.