Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a food processor, place bread, Parmesan, oil, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
The chicken is then baked and topped with a little spaghetti sauce and cheese. This Baked Chicken Parmesan is a light version of traditional Italian recipes. It's made in the oven instead of frying and ultra-easy for your busy weeknight. You can cook Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of SEASONING FOR CHICKEN.
- You need 1 tbsp of mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning blend.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of cooked angel hair pasta.
- You need 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh sliced chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 of thin slices fresh mozarella cheese.
This baked chicken parmesan just became one of our favorite dinner recipes. It's very flavorful and doesn't need to be fried. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in crumbs. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love!
Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version instructions
- Combine all seasoning for chicken except mayonaise and lemon juice on a plate..
- Brush chicken lightly with mayonnaise/lemon mixture. Press seasoning mix onto chicken..
- Heat oil in large non stick skillet. Cook chicken breasts on both sides until almost cooked through, remove to a plate..
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, heat just a minute, add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, add tomatos with all juices, add pepper, red pepper flakes,italian seasoning and salt to taste. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, this is not a thick sauce..
- Add fresh herbs and parmesan cheese to sauce. Ladle half of sauce on hot pasta, keep warm. Add chicken back to remaining sauce in skillet, cover each breast with 2 slices mozzarella cover with lid and on low heat cook just until cheese melts and chicken is cooked through..
- Serve chicken on pasta. Serve extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side. This Chicken Parmesan recipe (aka chicken parmigiana) is a family favorite! Tender pan fried chicken breasts topped with tomato sauce and cheese baked until golden and bubbly. It'll look like you spent hours in the kitchen but this parmesan chicken recipe comes together easily with ingredients you probably already have in the pantry…all the way down to the marinara sauce!