BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. Divide four tortillas between two baking sheets; spread with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining tortillas. I love quesadillas, they make a quick lunch or light dinner and the kids love them!
I'm excited to share this recipe from my friend Lisa's (aka Hungry girl) new cookbook, Hungry Girl. Return the shredded chicken to the pan with the onions. Add the BBQ sauce and stir. You can cook BBQ Chicken Quesadilla using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- It’s 1 of Non-stick spray, enough to coat pan..
- You need 2 lb of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Hickory rub.
- You need 1/2 of Red onion, diced finely.
- You need 1 tsp of Liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 6 of Burrito tortillas.
- You need 1 tbsp of Jack Daniels Original No. 7 Recipe BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, Monterey Jack, asadero, and queso quesadilla).
Remove from the pan and set aside. Place a tortilla in a pan and add a layer monterey jack and cheddar cheese on half of the tortilla. These Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas are packed with tender chicken pieces, creamy cheddar, spicy jalapeños, black beans, cilantro, and red onion, and drenched in the tangy goodness of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Add the chicken and sear on both sides.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla instructions
- Spray a pan with the non-stick spray..
- Remove any fat, skin, or bones from the breasts and cut into small chunks..
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and hickory rub, then add to the hot pan over medium-high heat..
- Dice red onion, add to the pan, and stir to incorporate..
- Add the liquid smoke and vinegar to the pan and mix to incorporate..
- Layout the tortillas..
- Add the BBQ sauce to the tortillas and spread to coat..
- Add the cheese to the tortillas..
- Complete cooking the chicken and add to a half of each tortilla..
- Fold the tortillas in half..
- Place the quesadillas in the pan and cook until the side down becomes crispy, but not burnt..
- Flip quesadillas and repeat..
- Remove the quesadillas and cut as you see fit..
- Enjoy hot. Pairs nicely with a peach iced tea (I used sweet tea and added peach schnapps, tequila, and vodka)..
Quickly add some of the cheese, chicken and onions (peppers and cilantro, if using) to one half of tortilla. Then quickly fold in half forming a semi-circle. Continue to cook until bottom side is golden brown, then carefully flip quesadilla over. Barbecued Chicken Quesadilla Haiku: "So simple to make. I used chicken I'd frozen kept the rest the same." When split chicken breasts are on sale I buy a bunch to boil shred portion out and freeze into shredded chicken and stock so I used some of that chicken for this recipe along w/ low carb spinach tortillas.