Sweet Potato Casserole.
You can have Sweet Potato Casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Casserole
- It’s of Sweet potatoes.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Maple syrup (optional).
- You need of Oatmeal (not quick oats).
- It’s of Light brown sugar.
- Prepare of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Ground allspice.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Melted butter.
- It’s of Whole berry cranberry sauce.
Sweet Potato Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, cube, and cook sweet potatoes as you would to make mashed potatoes. When fork-tender, remove from heat and drain water. Mash the sweet potatoes, adding about 1/3-1/4 cup of milk, 3 tbsp butter, and maple syrup (optional). Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 8×8 or 11×7 casserole dish..
- Empty the can of whole berry cranberry sauce into a small bowl. Using a fork, smash up the sauce until the sauce is only slightly lumpy (no need to smash the berries too much). Layer on top of the sweet potatoes..
- In another bowl, combine all of the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure to mix well. Melt the remaining butter and add to the dry ingredients. The mixture will be slightly wet and crumbly. Spoon over the cranberry sauce in an even layer..
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. This dish can be made in advance (night before or earlier in the day) and reheats nicely..