Simple Amazing Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup. This easy-prep chicken tortilla soup recipe simmers for hours, allowing you to serve up café-quality bowls of homemade soup at the end of the day. Just prep it in the morning and let your slow cooker do all of the work so it's ready when you walk in the door. My favorite slow cooker chicken tortilla soup is easy to make, flavorful, and perfect for meal prep.
Disclosure: This post contains links to items you can purchase that we make a commission on. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low until. You can cook Simple Amazing Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup using 14 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Amazing Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 medium of Frozen chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 medium of Bag frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 can of Black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of Green enchilada sauce (small).
- Prepare 1 can of Diced tomatoes (large with juice).
- Prepare 1 can of Ortega chilies (large).
- It’s 32 oz of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 clove of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin (but I add a bit more because I like it).
- Prepare 1 slice of Bag of tortilla chips (I prefer the hint of lime).
- Prepare 1 small of Sour cream.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- It’s 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
In fact, most of the recipes are made for your slow cooker! So grab with your favorite sweater. And spoon up this thick and savory soup, loaded with shredded chicken, mild spices, black beans and hearty tortilla strips. It's the best kind of home-cooked comfort food, and even better – it's incredibly easy to make.
Simple Amazing Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup instructions
- Put all ingredients (except the cheese, chips, avocado and sour cream) in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The longer the better. Take the chicken out toward the end, shred and put back in the pot. The longer it goes the better. Serve with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream and some fresh avocado slices on top. Enjoy..
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup was pulled from my most-frequently-made-for-the-longest-span-of-time recipe file. In other words, it's an oldie but a goodie and well worth the hype of being one of our all-time family favorites. This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with chicken, beans and veggies, all finished off with tortilla strips and a variety of toppings. The perfect hearty meal for a cold night! You can never go wrong with soup, my family enjoys cheeseburger soup , hot and sour soup and this simple yet satisfying chicken tortilla soup.