Easy Chicken Divan. Browse Kraft® Official Site For Tasty, Easy Chicken Recipes, Try Today! Mom's Easy Chicken Divan Haiku: "Why is it layered? Taste was pretty good." This recipe of "Mom's" would've been much easier had the ingredients all been combined (other than the breadcrumb/butter topping) b/c the rice at the bottom tasted like. rice.
Like I said before, you can even use rotisserie chicken in this and save the step of cooking the chicken! All you do is place chicken and broccoli in a baking dish and cover it all with an easy cream sauce mixture! The ultimate chicken and broccoli casserole! You can cook Easy Chicken Divan using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Divan
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- You need of onion powder.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 can of Cream of Chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise. Dont use MW..
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 packages of broccoli cuts or florets.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of real butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
Pair it with rice, mashed potatoes or noodles for a weeknight meal that the whole family will love! Chicken Divan is one of our favorite go-to dinner options, and it couldn't be more delicious. In this easy divan recipe, Chicken and Broccoli are mixed with a rich and creamy sauce then baked until all warm and bubbly. This recipe is a classic with one of my favorite flavor combos… chicken, broccoli and cheddar cheese.
Easy Chicken Divan step by step
- Cut up chicken breast into small bite sized pieces. While your doing this have your water heating up to a boil, to add broccoli to while the chicken is cooking..
- Fry until done in pan with a little butter or olive oil. This is when I add a little garlic and onion powder. Put broccoli into boiling water to begin cooking..
- Combine other ingredients into bowl. Mix well. Taste to make sure the amount of curry suites you..
- Drain broccoli well. Put into a baking dish..
- There's two ways to do this next step. Either add chicken to the soup and mayo mixture (which is what I do) or layer chicken on top of the broccoli, and pour mixture over the top..
- Since I just stir the chicken into the mixture, I just spoon it over the broccoli. Cover with cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is in the oven, melt your butter and add your bread crumbs. Mix until covered and crumbly..
- Remove dish from oven. Spoon bread crumbs over the chicken and cook at 350° for another 10-15 minutes..
Quick & Easy Chicken Divan Haiku: "I baked with the rice so all the flavors would meld. Classic comfort dish." We thought this was good not earth-shatteringly-so but we ate it. Mix soup, mayonnaise, curry, and lemon juice and pour over chicken. Why is this called Chicken Divan? The original Chicken Divan recipe was named after the restaurant it was created in – the Divan Parisienne Restaurant in New York City.