Simple Creamy Chicken and Dumplings. Rich and Creamy Chicken and Dumplings is a comforting, hearty family dinner that has rightfully earned its spot on the Southern table. This recipe takes the intimidation factor out of the dish, and is made easy with drop dumplings — no rolling pins required! In addition to a stovetop Chicken and Dumplings recipe loaded with chicken, extra dumplings, carrots, and celery, we'll cover the.
Place biscuit pieces on top of chicken mixture. Super Easy Chicken and Dumplings Super Easy Chicken and Dumplings. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? You can have Simple Creamy Chicken and Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Creamy Chicken and Dumplings
- Prepare 2 can of refrigerator biscuits, cut into 1/4s.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour, to roll biscuits in..
- It’s 3 each of chicken breasts, boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 can of water.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper, to taste.
What Kinds of Dumplings to Use There are three popular kinds of dumplings: Drop dumplings are dumplings made in a bowl that you scoop out and drop into the soup to be cooked. Rolled dumplings are the kind of dumplings you get when you order Cracker Barrel's Chicken and Dumplings. They are a flat dense dumpling. Chicken and Dumplings are a staple in the deep South.
Simple Creamy Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- Cut up your chicken breasts into bite sized chunks..
- Saute chicken in a large dutch oven until no longer pink..
- Add both cans of water, and both cans of soup to the chicken. Season with pepper to your tastes..
- Let come to a medium boil..
- Cut each biscuit in quarters. Should yield 4 dumplings per biscuit..
- Roll each dumpling in just enough flour to make not sticky. Shake off excess..
- Slowly drop dumplings into soup mixture and let puff up. Stir gently to keep from sticking, and slightly push to keep covered in soup..
- Let cook for 20 minutes, until dumplings are nicely cooked and soup has thickened..
- Serve immediately and enjoy!.
Basically, it's like a thick, creamy chicken stew with pillowy dumplings. The dumplings are cooked in the broth and seasoned, usually with a lot of pepper. The first time I ever had any was on a trip to visit my husband's parents (when we were dating). Chicken: Cut up chicken, but do not remove skin. The skin and bones can be removed later.