Easy and simple homemade pasta salad. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Find an easy pasta salad recipe for your picnic or potluck. I have made this for a bunch of different events and always have people asking for the recipe.
Once the water is boiling, stir in the rotini, and return to a boil. Classic Italian Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing. Classic cold Italian Pasta Salad with a homemade Italian dressing is the perfect potluck or summer side dish. You can cook Easy and simple homemade pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy and simple homemade pasta salad
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (I used Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil).
- It’s 1/4 cup of to 1/2 cup Ranch dressing depending on your taste (I used Wishbone).
- Prepare 1 cup of to 1 1/2 cups bow tie pasta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely shredded carrot.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of lemon pepper seasoning.
- You need of Fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 piece of chicken breasts (I had small but if you use a large one 1 should be fine).
- Prepare of Bacon pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
It's easy to make and everyone always loves it! Is Italian pasta salad really an Italian dish? Remember that the pasta will plump as it cooks, and you want pasta salad to have a generous combination of pasta and vegetables in each bite. I made this summer pasta salad for dinner while preparing lunch.
Easy and simple homemade pasta salad step by step
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt to water to taste. Once boiling add chicken breasts. Boil until cooked through..
- When cooked thoroughly remove from water and let sit for 5-10 to cool. To the same water add the pasta, asking more water if needed. You do not need to add more salt because the water is already salted..
- While pasta is cooking cut or shred chicken to desired size. Squeeze the fresh lime juice onto the chicken, making sure to combine it well, while it's still warm so that it may soak up the flavor..
- After cutting the chicken, grate the carrot in a bowl and add the mayonnaise and ranch dressing letting it sit for a couple of minutes..
- When pasta is just tender remove from the water, do not drain it. After removing from water, run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Let it sit in the strainer and shake to run off excess water..
- If you are using frozen corn, as I did, add it tonthe water that you cooked the chicken and pasta in. Cook until heated through usually about 3 min. If you are using can corn you can skip this step..
- While the corn is heating up, add the drained pasta to the mayonnaise mixture along with the chicken and lemon pepper. When the corn is done, either run it under cold water as to cool it down, or add to the pasta mixture as is..
- Mix all of the ingredients until combined well. Then lastly add in the bacon pieces and mix well. You can eat as in or place in the fridge to serve cold..
It was fast and easy; delicious and colorful. We love to enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies in season. I served this salad with almond crackers and sharp cheddar slices. So tasty! —Cathy Orban, Chandler, Arizona A salty snack-lovers dream come true, this easy pasta salad combines savory dried chorizo, salty herb-dressed olives, and Manchego, one of our all time favorite snacking cheeses. The dressing calls for a bit of anchovy paste—not enough to really taste it, but just enough to give it some oomph.