Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan.
You can cook Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan
- It’s 350 g of mixed dried fruit – raisins, currants, sultanas, cherries.
- It’s 100 g of medjool dates, pitted.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Brandy.
- It’s 150 g of gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 120 g of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 55 g of gluten-free flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- You need 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sweet Mixed Spice for baking.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 2 of oranges, zested and juiced (100ml juice).
- It’s 80 ml of water.
- Prepare 60 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Cointrea.
- It’s 1 tsp of orange extract / flavouring.
- It’s 100 g of choc chips such as Enjoy Life or Moo Free brands.
Vickys Chocolate Orange Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan instructions
- Soak the dried fruit and chopped dates in the Brandy the night before making the pudding.
- Grease a 2 pint / 1.2 litre pudding basin with some olive oil and cut a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar, flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and spices together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the orange juice and orange zest, water, olive oil, Cointrea and orange extract.
- Fold in the soaked fruit and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin.
- Cut another circle of parchment paper to fit the top of the basin like a lid.
- Cover with foil, making sure it's scrunched tight around the top of the bowl.
- Put the pudding basin inside a large pot and pour hot water inside the pot so it comes halfway up the side of the basin.
- Cover the pot and start the water simmering. Leave the pudding in to steam for 3 & 1/2 hours.
- Remove the basin from the pot and set aside to cool, still covered, for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate if serving.
- Serve immediately with some warm custard, ice cream or chocolate sauce or let cool fully, wrap in clingfilm and keep in the fridge. The pudding will keep for at least 4 weeks chilled in the fridge. To reheat simply put back in the bowl, recover and resteam for 2 hours until warmed through.
- Merry Christmas!.