Carrot and Potato Gratin.
You can have Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and Potato Gratin
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- It’s 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- It’s 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- You need to taste of Dried thyme,.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Carrot and Potato Gratin step by step
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..