Easy Chicken Dumpling Casserole. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Chicken and Dumpling Casserole is the easiest way to enjoy Chicken and Dumplings. This creamy and delicious chicken casserole is comfort food at its best.
Drop by tablespoonfuls into mounds over chicken mixture. In this easy casserole version of chicken and dumplings, go from stovetop to baked with leftover chicken, canned soup, and a few simple dumpling ingredients. Chicken and Dumplings Casserole is easy to make (it's not scary with dropping biscuits over the stove like some dumpling recipes can be) and it's loaded with chicken and veggies in a tasty sauce seasoned with basil. You can have Easy Chicken Dumpling Casserole using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Dumpling Casserole
- You need 1 cup of Self rising flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of UNsalted Butter.
- It’s 1 small of Can Cream of chicken 10.57 oz.
- Prepare 2 large of Chicken breast cooked and shredded.
- It’s 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of Seasonings: garlic and onion powder, sage, celery flakes, salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1 of Tip: look below in direction at end and I can give you a substitute if u don't want to use flour.
The fluffy homemade biscuits add the perfect touch to this favorite family meal. The veggies are baked right into this dish so. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add chopped onion and celery. Ultra creamy, quick and easy, this Chicken and Dumplings Casserole recipe is a wonderful weeknight comfort meal.
Easy Chicken Dumpling Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Boil chicken, add seasonings and shred. Or use a rotisserie one. (I cooked 2 large chicken breast, in water and bouillon cubes, onions, and fresh herbs and seasonings..
- Melt butter and pour into baking dish..
- Layering Steps: DO NOT STIR ANYTHING! This is important. Layer shredded chicken on top of butter. DO NOT STIR Mix flour and milk, and pour over chicken. DO NoT STIR Mix chicken broth and cream of chicken soup, and pour over it. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for about 30-45 min. Take out and let rest/sit for about 10 min..
- Tip for substitution instead of flour: 2 c bisquick and 2 c milk……
A one-pot dinner that the entire family will LOVE and only one pot skillet to clean. There's no forming or dropping dumplings, and no simmering on the stovetop required. Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro. Chicken and Dumpling Casserole from Deep South Dish blog. The original version of easy layered chicken and dumpling casserole, made with self rising flour, cream soup, chicken broth and butter, is reminiscent of the flavor of the real deal, but in an easy casserole form.