Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice. Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice I don't recall if this is an old Betty Crocker or a Campbell's recipe but, it's been around since I was a cub. Either way, it's definitely an easy, inexpensive comfort food the whole family will appreciate! Solid proof casseroles don't have to be boring.
It doesn't matter how easy the recipe. This Easy Cheesy Chicken will make you love chicken all over again! It gives me time to get a tasty salad & side of veggies ready. You can cook Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- Prepare of Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole.
- Prepare 1 can of 10.5 oz Campbell's Cream Of Chicken Soup [condensed].
- Prepare 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts Or, 1.5 Pounds [raw – fat trimmed – quartered].
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Long Grain White Rice [uncooked].
- You need 2 cup of Vegetable Melody [corn – green beans – broccoli – carrots – peas].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Onion Powder – Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 3/4 cup of Shreadded Cheese [or less – room temp].
- It’s of Equipment.
- Prepare 1 large of Oven Safe Baking Dish [with lid].
Skillet Mexican chicken with green chilies, tomatoes, Mexican spices, rice, and cheese. This is one of my go-to dinners when I am in a pinch and need to whip up a quick and easy meal for my family. They all love this Skillet Mexican Chicken and Rice which is always a win-win. This easy-cheesy Grilled Monterey Chicken is the most delicious combo ever. (Cheese + Bacon + BBQ = YES) You're going to want this on the menu this weekend FOR SURE.
Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice instructions
- Heat oven to 375°..
- Whisk your wet ingredients and spices well. Then add rice and vegetable melody and mix..
- I usually brine my chicken if not grilling it to ensure its juciness. If you're interested – simply quarter your chicken breasts [or, leave them whole – it's up to you] add enough water to cover chicken and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons salt. Also, 1 tablespoon Onion Powder and 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder. Massage well and place in the fridge for 2 hours. A little longer if you're leaving large pieces whole. Ziplock Bags work well. If not, just rinse, trim fat and throw them in your oven safe dish..
- Bake covered for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Important: Stir dish once during baking. Check after 50 mins to ensure both the rice and chicken are fully cooked. If not, bake longer and intermittently check / stir your dish. Do not bake on a cookie sheet as it will drastically effect your baking time..
- Once they are – stir dish and top casserole with your three quarters [or less] cup of shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for 5+ additional minutes or, until cheese is melted..
- Allow casserole to set for at least 10 minutes covered before serving. Enjoy!.
Not all grilled chicken recipes were created equal… and let me just say, this easy-cheesy Grilled Monterey Chicken is Ahhhh-mazing. The casserole starts off with broccoli and chicken and gets mixed with an easy, creamy cheese sauce, and then it's all topped off with stuffing. I could eat this one at least once a week! Okay, I'm going to admit something to all of you and I'm probably going to get a lot of weird looks. One of the things I do every week is cook up LOTS of chicken breast to freeze for meals during the week.