Breakfast quesadillas. Breakfast Quesadillas Fluffy eggs and a crispy tortilla make this speedy recipe from Jennifer Evans of Oceanside, California, great for breakfast or brunch. To assemble the quesadillas, place a tortilla on a buttered griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Add a layer of cheese, a layer of cooked veggies, a layer of bacon slices, a layer of eggs, a layer of avocado, and another layer of cheese.
This one is sure to be a hit! Remove from skillet; place on serving plate. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each quesadilla into wedges. You can cook Breakfast quesadillas using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast quesadillas
- It’s 1 of small boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of small ripe, seeded, chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped spinach.
- You need 1 of small avocadoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- It’s 1 of sea salt.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of 10 in wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (or substitute in sour cream).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pico de gallo.
These Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and the tastiest chopped bacon around. I always have to cook an extra few slices of the Jones Dairy Farm Cherrywood Smoked Bacon because my family just can't wait until dinner is ready. We're a total bacon-loving family, especially my boys. Cook bacon in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy.
Breakfast quesadillas step by step
- Preheat broiler, lightly oil a pan.
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and lightly pound till thickness is 1/2 in. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in the pan and broil, turning once, till lightly browned on both sides: approx. 5 min. each.
- Cut the chicken 1/2 in. diced..
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper..
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add eggs and scramble till they start to set: approx 20 sec.
- Add chicken, spinach, and tomato and continue cooking, stirring till eggs are just cooked: approx 1 min.
- Warm another pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and heat for 1 minute. Flip and sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on the bottom half.
- Top with egg/ chicken mix and fold tortillas to cover..
- Continue cooking till the bottom browns then flip for the other side: approx 1 min per side.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet and place it in the oven to warm. Then cut it into wedges and top it off with the yogurt, pico de gallo, and avocado slices. Serve imediately.
Fluffy eggs and spicy chiles folded into a tortilla with rich melted cheese makes breakfast a pleasure! Lightly toasted to perfection, this quesadilla redefines breakfast. You can use a variety of cheeses such as asadero, Meonterey jack, and white cheddar. These breakfast quesadillas are stuffed with fluffy scrambled eggs, melt-in-your-mouth pinto beans, fresh herbs and gooey cheddar cheese, all of which contrasts so nicely with the crisp, golden exterior. Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe – eggs, bacon, green onions, and cheese between two toasty tortillas with delicious toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo, or guacamole.