Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas.
Use a spatula to gently press any exposed tortilla ends into the sauce. Spread the cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken enchiladas. Let sit for one to two minutes, then serve immediately. You can cook Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of chicken breasts.
- It’s 10 of medium flour tortillas.
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese (8 oz.).
- You need 1 cup of Old El Paso mild salsa.
- It’s 1 can of Old El Paso mild green Chile enchilada sauce (10 oz).
- Prepare 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced onion.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Chef Tip: Try this shrimp version with a smoky kick! Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add chicken. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say, over the years, I've become quite good at making homemade enchiladas.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fully cook and shred chicken breasts..
- Add cream cheese, salsa, milk, 1/2 a cup of the cheese and seasoning to pan and stir until smooth..
- Roll about 1/3 cup of creamy chicken in each tortilla and place seam down..
- Spread green Chile enchilada sauce over top.
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
Enchiladas come in all different flavors, but this one features a creamy filling of rotisserie chicken, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese and seasoning mix. Then, the casserole is topped with red enchilada sauce and more Cheddar cheese. While your enchiladas are baking, throw together a side salad, rice or beans to complete the meal. In medium bowl, stir together soup and enchilada sauce. Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are one of my all-time favorite Mexican casserole recipes.