Stupid Easy (Healthy) Crock Pot Chicken & Asparagus. Just boil some pasta before you're ready to eat and dinner is done! As far as simple chicken recipes are concerned, this recipe for Stupid Chicken is king of them all. With just five basic ingredients, a slow cooker and six to eight hours to kill, you can create one of the tastiest dinners your family has ever eaten.
Serve on rice or pasta, or in tortillas. Top with cheese if you have it. Goes well with corn and black beans too. You can cook Stupid Easy (Healthy) Crock Pot Chicken & Asparagus using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stupid Easy (Healthy) Crock Pot Chicken & Asparagus
- It’s 2 lb of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare of Herbed Poultry, Celery Seed, Rosemary, Garlic Powder or any other seasonings you prefer.
- Prepare of Asparagus.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
Or grill some onions and green peppers if you want to get fancy. Rinse chicken & lay across bottom of Crock Pot.. I use my slow cooker to prepare these well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with, shared this great recipe with me several years ago.
Stupid Easy (Healthy) Crock Pot Chicken & Asparagus step by step
- Rinse chicken & lay across bottom of Crock Pot. Generously add seasonings to your liking. Cook on High for 5 hours then switch to low for remaining 2-3 hours; depending on thickness of breast. Thicker breasts will need to cook longer than thinner ones. Adjust your time accordingly so it's not dry when served. It's done cooking when juices run clear & the inside is white; no longer pink. Remember to occasionally turn chicken over from side to side..
- Rinse Asparagus and pat dry about an hour before chicken is ready to serve. Lay across top of chicken. Season to your liking. Cook for remaining 60-90 minutes depending on how crispy vs soft you like it. It will steam to a perfect crispness for you..
- Serve straight from Crock or place upon serving dish/plate. I like to add a small amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the Asparagus before serving. Your family or guests will be pleasantly surprised with how well this stupid easy meal tastes!.
I now rely on cooking chicken in a Crock Pot many days a week.—Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana If you want proof of my slow cooker fandom (besides the below list of healthy crock pot chicken recipes), peruse the DOZENS of healthy slow cooker recipes on my blog. Tips to Store, Reheat, and Freeze Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes. Each recipe will have specific storage instructions and recommendations, but most of these healthy. Perfect for busy days or when you don't want to heat up the kitchen, these crock-pot meals are fast, easy, and super healthy! So delicious, and they take just moments to throw together! ~ Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is an easy 'dump and go' slow cooker recipe that is so good you'll be addicted to it!