Easy Chicken and Dumplings. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you.
For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, thyme and nutmeg; stir in milk and remaining parsley just until moistened. Super quick and easy – not as good as my mom's recipes with biscuits from scratch, but still great for a cool day. I add extra carrots, an extra can of cream of chicken soup and a little fresh thyme. You can cook Easy Chicken and Dumplings using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- It’s 4 of frozen chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 packages of biscuits.
- You need 1 dash of chicken broth or bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Cook your chicken if you are not using pre-cooked. Cook – In a pan, cook the veggies and stir in the flour, evaporated milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add the chicken and seasoning. Make the dumplings – Whisk together the dry ingredients and then stir in the wet to form the dough.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- Put chicken breasts in crockpot.
- I fill both cans up with water. Then add two more cups with a dash of chicken bouillon cube.
- Pour both cans of cream of chicken over the chicken and put two tablespoons of butter.
- Turn crockpot on Low and cook for 6 and half hours.
- Take chicken out and shred it, put back in crockpot.
- Then take biscuits and rip into pieces and put in crockpot. For about 30 minutes let cook and keep stirring.
- Once the biscuits seem to look lumpy? Turn crockpot off and take lid off..
Make soup: In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. If you are looking for an easy chicken and dumplings recipe, you found it! Today I'm sharing all my tips and tricks on how to make your chicken and dumplings from scratch with minimal work. Don't get nervous when I say this recipe is made from scratch.