Easy Mexican Chicken and rice. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Stir in the salsa, rice mix, olives and lime juice. Living in California my whole life I've been exposed to some pretty awesome Mexican food.
A perfect go-to meal when you're craving Mexican food. This is my quick and easy version of a Mexican flavored chicken and rice dinner. What I wanted: I didn't want that bland white rice taste. You can have Easy Mexican Chicken and rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Mexican Chicken and rice
- You need 1 1/2-2 pounds of skinless boneless, chicken breasts cut into pieces (size you like).
- You need 1/2 jar (24 oz) of Lime and Garlic Salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 jar (24 oz) of Roasted Salsa Verde (green).
- You need 1 pkg of sliced mushrooms (unless you don't like them).
- It’s of Shredded sharp cheddar cheese for topping.
- You need 1 box of Spanish Rice (I use Knorr's or Zatarain's).
The rice needed some "pop" to it. I wanted chicken included in the cooking method. Mexican chicken and rice is a really easy recipe to make. It begins with a homemade Mexican spice mix.
Easy Mexican Chicken and rice instructions
- Using a large skillet, spray with cooking oil and put in 1/2 the salsa and chicken. Cook on medium for 10 minutes, covered. Then add the rest of the salsa and turn the chicken. Cook another 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms in and cook on low for another 10 minutes..
- While the chicken is cooking, make the rice according to the recipe on the box. Serve the chicken salsa mixture over the rice and top with shredded cheese. I put a dollop of sour cream on top as well. Delicious!.
I pull them up on my phone to make sure I have all the ingredients I need for a recipe. Above is what you'll need for the Mexican. Mexican chicken and rice is a one-pot meal loaded with flavor. Marinated chicken thighs simmer together with healthy vegetables, black beans, and tender long grain rice. Stir in the salt and pepper.