Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻. These Taiwanese popcorn chicken bites are addictively delicious. Taiwanese popcorn chicken is one of many must-try street foods for those visiting Taiwan. Recipe by kangningchang. if you've ever been to Taiwan, you've prob. had this at one point! if not, you're missing out! these are the approximate measurements i use, add more or less soy sauce to get your desired saltiness. sweet potato starch is used to coat the chicken to achieve the "street stall chicken".
Seasoned bite-sized pieces of chicken are fried twice and topped with Thai basil leaves in this Taiwanese-inspired popcorn chicken recipe. Taiwanese fried chicken (Chinese: 鹹酥雞; pinyin: xiánsūjī; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: kiâm-so͘-ke; also 鹽酥雞; yánsūjī; 'salty fried chicken'), westernized as popcorn chicken is a dish in Taiwanese cuisine commonly found as street snack and is indispensable to the night markets in Taiwan. It consists of bite-sized pieces of chicken, coated and fried with flour and seasoning mixture. You can cook Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻
- Prepare 700 gr of Boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cooking wine.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Soy souce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 5 Spices powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pack of Tapioca starch.
Specialties: We specialize in Taiwanese Night Market food! We have many drinks, includes black tea, green tea, milk tea and boba as well. We also sell… Hi everyone, today we are making popcorn chicken. I am sure everybody loves these crunchy little chicken bits.
Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Place in the large bowl..
- Add all ingredients into the bowl except tapioca powder, and mix it up..
- Marinate the chicken chunks about 10 mnt..
- Place half tapioca starch in the large bowl, then deep the chicken in one by one with tapioca starch. Place it on the plate..
- Once powdered process done, cover the plate with plastic film. Put the chicken chunks into the fridge. Leave it around 30 mnt. So the marination would be great and tastier..
- Once ready to deep frying process, remove the chicken from the fridge..
- Mix chicken chunks with half of tapioca flour. So it would b 2x powdered process..
- And now ready to deep frying. Deep fry with 350 F, until half brown. Remove it. Repeat deep frying once more, until golden brown. It is 2x deep frying process, just for crunchies purpose..
- We can find 5 spices powder and cooking wine at the Asian store so easy..
- Serve it on the plate, springkle with chilly powder and lil bit pepper powder as desire. Its really good..!! 😚😚😚 love it !!.
What I am sharing today is a Taiwanese version. Salt and Pepper Popcorn Chicken, also known as 椒盐鸡块 (jiao yan ji kuai), 咸酥鸡 (xian su ji), or 盐酥鸡 (yan su ji) in Chinese is a popular street snack in Taiwan. Small pieces of chicken, usually chicken thigh, are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic and ginger and a spice called five spice powder (五香粉). Taiwanese food is a great mix of local dishes with influences from China, Japan and Southeast Asia. Popcorn chicken is a popular street food and once you try it you'll see why.