Vickys Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 150 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of over ripened medium bananas.
- It’s 225 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 150 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 60 ml of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 100 g of chocolate chips – I use Enjoy Life free-from brand.
Vickys Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners.
- Break up the bananas and add to a blender with the coconut milk. Puree smooth.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the banana milk mixture, the oil and vanilla and mix until just combined. The consistency should be thick like a banana loaf.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly between the paper liners, they should be 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until well risen and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If using GF flour the muffins won't colour much. To make them more golden, brush with some extra milk 5 minutes before the end of baking time.