Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage. Add the onions, apples, and chicken sausage to the pan with the sweet potatoes. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with kosher salt, pepper, season salt, cinnamon, and half of the thyme leaves. This easy meal comes together in under an hour, uses a handful of ingredients, and cooks on a single sheet pan, including the rice.
I came up with an odd mix of ingredients as you'll see below. Bavarian Apple-Sausage Hash This awesome recipe reflects my German roots. In the cooler months, nothing is as comforting as a hearty hash. You can cook Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage
- You need 1 lb. of smoked sausage, sliced about 1/4" thick (I used Georgia Boy).
- It’s 4 of Chicken breasts (or thighs- I used two of each).
- You need 1 (16 oz) of Bag baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of Apple pie filling.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Cacherie's).
- It’s 3 of Medium sweet peppers, seeds and membranes removed, large diced (about 1/2"x 1/2").
- Prepare 2 Cups of Instant brown rice.
- You need 2 Cups of water.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
Serve this versatile recipe as a side dish at a holiday meal or as a brunch entree over cheddar grits or topped with a fried egg. Scatter apples, onion, and sausage around chicken. There's honey for sweet, soy for salty, and chili sauce for hot, plus plenty of garlic. Push the onion and apple slices to the sides of the pan and add chicken breast strips to the middle.
Easy Chicken with Apples and Sausage instructions
- Place chicken pieces in non-stick frying pan..
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken..
- Add sausage slices and carrots..
- Mix apple pie filling, apple juice, cinnamon and Cajun seasoning together in a bowl..
- Pour apple-cinnamon mix over the chicken, sausage and carrots. Depending on the size of your pan, there should be enough to just about cover the chicken and sausage..
- Cook on medium for about 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through..
- While chicken is cooking, pour two cups of water, the basil and the garlic salt into an appropriate pot to cook the rice..
- Prepare the rice according to the package instructions (takes about 30 minutes or so total)..
- When rice is finished, add the diced sweet peppers and mix..
- Place chicken on the plate, then serve the sausage/carrots/apple mix over the brown rice. Delicious!.
Quarter and core the apples, then toss into the pan. Use a speed-peeler to peel the parsnips into long strips. Chicken & Apple Sausage with Sweet Potato. Chicken apple breakfast sausage is a tasty and healthy breakfast recipe. You'll love this easy breakfast recipe for meal prep.