Easy chicken tacos. Browse Our Official Site For Easy Mexican Dinner Recipes! Easy Chicken Tacos – With a simple spice rub, the chicken is cooked so quickly on the stovetop! Dice into small pieces and serve with pico, avocado + lime!
What cut of chicken do you recommend for the best chicken tacos? For the juiciest chicken tacos that you can make easily and quickly at home, I highly recommend using chicken thighs. They have a good white meat to dark meat ratio, which makes them a little fattier than chicken breasts and way more moist and juicy. You can have Easy chicken tacos using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy chicken tacos
- You need 3 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 of large yellow onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced sweet peppers or bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed chili pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped lettuce.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped purple onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Flour or corn tortillas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light chili powder.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of paprika.
By Layla Published in All Recipes. Jump to Recipe Jump to Video Print Recipe. These spicy tacos are perfect for weeknight dinners and are sure to please the entire family. These easy chicken tacos are so darn simple and SO GOOD!
Easy chicken tacos step by step
- Cut thawed chicken breast against the grain, then chop into small bite sized pieces. Dice purple and yellow onion. Dice sweet peppers. Cut up cilantro. What you see below is what I set aside for toppings..
- In your favorite nonstick 12 inch pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped up chicken, yellow onion, 1/2 of the cilantro, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, 2 tablespoons cumin, 1/4 cup light chili powder, garlic, 1 tablespoon of paprika..
- On medium heat cook all ingredients in step 2 until it looks like the picture below.
- Make your tacos however you like them!.
- Chop about 2 cups of iceburg lettuce. Squeeze 1 lime and sprinkle with salt. This adds zest to your lettuce!.
You can either cook up some marinated chicken or use leftovers with this healthy budget chicken dinner. Use grilled chicken or shredded from the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker/Crockpot! Tacos are crispy Mexican corn pancakes which make the perfect container for juicy chunks of spiced chicken, lettuce, cream and cheese. To assemble the tacos, place the chicken in a tortilla and top with the quick salsa, the crumbled cheese and a drizzle of the crema. Serve with avocado on the side or on top and a fresh squeeze of lime.