Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo. Great recipe for Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo. They only problem was, they only had a little over an hour to create their NOLA dish. Beans and rice make the perfect meal because they're well-balanced, an excellent source of protein, and easy to prepare.
Chicken Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, and Spiralized Sweet Potato Skillet. Thank you to Susan Conley, creator of cookthestone.com for this delicious homemade chicken sausage recipe. Chicken sausage won't appear in any list of the most nutritious foods. You can have Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo
- Prepare of ● For The Meats & Seafood.
- You need 2 Pounds of Chicken Breasts [1" cubed].
- You need 1 Pound of Anduile Sausage [1/2" cut at angle].
- Prepare 1 Pound of Jumbo Shrimp [pre-steamed- tails off].
- You need of ● For The Gumbo Gravy.
- You need 1 (5 oz) of Packet Louisiana Gumbo Base Powder [no subs].
- You need 8 Cups of Chicken Broth [important: low sodium].
- It’s 6 Dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of File Powder.
- You need 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- You need of ● For The Vegetables & Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- You need 2 Stalks of Celery [chopped].
- It’s 1 of LG Tomato [chopped].
- Prepare 1 of LG Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of ● For The Sides.
- You need as needed of White Rice.
- Prepare as needed of Jalapeno Corn Bread.
But it's relatively easy to make one, as you can learn from this post. Making your own chicken sausage is very intriguing especially if you are a budding chef. Notes to make this Easy One Pan Roasated Chicken, Sausage and Potato Dinner! I used a combo of thighs and drumsticks.
Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo step by step
- Rinse chicken – remove any fat and cube meat in to 1" pieces. Add to a pot and add enough water to cover. Boil chicken for 20 minutes..
- In the meantime, chop all vegetables and place in pot. Add all fluids to pot and begin vegetable boil..
- Louisiana is a fantastic brand. However, it can be a bit salty. That's why low sodium broth in this dish is so very important..
- Pull 4 cups broth from your boiling vegetable pot. Add your Gumbo Base packet to it and whisk well and fast. Add back to pot. Whisk well again. Drain chicken and add to vegetable pot. Simmer together for 45 minutes..
- Slice your pre-cooked sausage and add to your pot 1/2 way thru your chicken simmer..
- At it's finish, add your pre-steamed shrimp just long enough to heat them..
- Serve with steamed white rice, jalapeno corn bread and Louisiana Hot Sauce..
- Enjoy your crazy easy taste of NOLA!.
Bone in will ensure the potatoes and sausage get cooked up at the same time. I couldn't find them at my store so I bought larger ones and just cut them in half. This quick and easy chicken sausage pasta dish features a creamy pesto sauce made with chicken broth for extra savory flavor that will please adults and kids alike. By chadfink; Low-Fat Chicken Sausage Veggie Pasta. This healthy pasta recipe made with low-fat chicken sausage, vegetables, and whole wheat pasta is a quick and easy option for a.