Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes, if using. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Dip chicken into egg, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture; place in cooker. Spread pasta sauce evenly over chicken. Directions: Add the chicken to the slow cooker and sprinkle over the salt, pepper, and oregano; Pour over the pasta sauce. You can have Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts flattened.
- Prepare 48 oz of pasta sauce (homemade or store brand).
- Prepare 1/2-1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of green bell pepper.
- You need As needed of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare As needed of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare As needed of Italian style bread crumbs.
- You need As needed of season:oregano/Italian seasons,parsley, basil, s&p.
- It’s As needed of minced garlic.
- You need 1 box of pasta noodles penne or whatever.
With Easy Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan, once the chicken is coated, all the ingredients are put into the crockpot and left to cook. I like to add spaghetti noodles and a salad to complete the meal. Don't forget, with four boys that have big farm boy appetites and a couple of girls, hearty meals are a must! Remove the lid and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
Easy Crockpot chicken Parmesan pasta step by step
- Wrap trimmed and cleaned chicken breast in Saran Wrap, and beat to just semi flatten so not so thick. Don't flatten completely, just thin down the thickness a little bit..
- Season and Add breasts to crockpot. I seasoned with a meat tenderizer, that had salt/pepper/garlic and onion powder..
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken breasts..
- Add oregano/Italian seasonings that have an assortment of Italian seasonings mixed. Set crockpot to high for 4 hours..
- After about an hour or so I added the onions, bell pepper, garlic..
- When it is about 25 min or so from being done. Start pasta water, and boil pasta noodles until al denta. Drain..
- Now your chicken should be done, shred with fork, and stir around. Add the noodles,coat and mix all in sauce, add in just a little bit cheese, stir and mix around. Then smooth/ flatten everything..
- Now. On top-Sprinkle and add however much mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, bread crumbs, a little more oregano seasoning on top of cheese. Put top back on and let cheese melt. Once done, turn to warm setting..
- Tip: you can also coat chicken in beginning with a breadcrumb/grated cheese mixture before adding to crockpot, but remember it may turn out soggy. Also, you can leave whole and not shred. Your choice..
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe If you love traditional Chicken Parmesan as much as we do, this slow cooker chicken parmesan pasta recipe is a must try. Chicken Parmesan always seemed like a fancy dish to me but thanks to the crock pot it really is easy! How to Make Crock pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe: Place chicken in the crock pot (chicken can be frozen). Stir the sauce and top the chicken with the cheese. Arrange chicken breasts in slow cooker.