Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens.
You can cook Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens
- It’s 6 of Cornish Game Hens.
- It’s 8 TBS of McCormick Bruschetta Sweet Basil & Oregano Seasoning.
- You need 6 TBS of Olive oil.
- You need 1 gallon of Bottled Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Apple wood for smoking.
Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens instructions
- Make the brine: Mix kosher salt and water, let dissolve completely. It could take an hour or more. You can also add in some seasoning if you want to, anything you put in the brine will adhere to the meat..
- Place game hens and brine in brine bag and place in fridge for 2 to 3 hours..
- Remove hens from brine and rinse thoroughly..
- Spatchcock the hens, remove the back bone and butterfly. (You can google how to do this).
- Cover each hen with 1 TBS of olive oil..
- Use at least 1 TBS of seasoning on each hen (this depends on your flavor palate and how much seasoning you like).
- Place hens breast up on your grill/smoker and smoke until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. I use an igrill so I do not have to open the lid until they are complete..