Easy Weeknight Chicken & Drop Dumplings. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. When you need to get dinner on the table ASAP, these easy chicken dinner ideas are just the ticket. These chicken recipes are gonna be your new go-to weeknight dinners.
We created not one but four ('cause, you know, variety!). Quick and easy dishes to please your hungry crowd. These chicken dinners are quick, easy, and delicious making them perfect to add to your weeknight menu. You can have Easy Weeknight Chicken & Drop Dumplings using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Weeknight Chicken & Drop Dumplings
- It’s of ~For the Soup Base.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of all purpose poultry seasoning.
- You need 3 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion – chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced baby carrots (or 1/2" diced reg carrots).
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of ~For the dumplings.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1/2 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 cup of milk (start with less add more if needed).
Whether you are using rotisserie chicken as a shortcut, or tossing the ingredients into the slow cooker, these recipes are easy enough for you to prepare for your family on busy weeknights. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. These Baked Chicken Quesadillas Are a Weeknight Dinner Win! One of my kids favorite meals are quesadillas.
Easy Weeknight Chicken & Drop Dumplings instructions
- Place chicken, poultry seasoning, and broth in a 4 quart stock pot. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until chicken is cooked through. About 15-20 minutes (mine took 15)..
- While chicken is simmering prep your veggies. When chicken is done remove breasts to a plate. Pour broth into a large bowl. Set both aside..
- Return pot to medium heat. Add butter. When melted add onion and carrots. Cook until onion begins to turn translucent, stirring often. About 2 minutes. Add flour and cook 2 minutes more, stirring frequently..
- Return broth to pot along with 1 cup water, stirring with a wisk as you add to prevent clumping. Bring soup to a simmer. Cover and cook until carrots are just becoming tender, stirring occasionally. About 8 minutes. While soup is simmering shred the chicken and make the dumplings..
- To make the dumplings: in a medium bowl stir together flour, parsley, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a fork, knife, or even clean fingers. Stir in egg and 1/3 cup milk just until dough comes together in a tacky ball (if dough seems dry add more milk 1 tbs at a time until it comes together, if too wet add more flour in same fashion)..
- Stir shredded chicken into broth. Use 2 spoons to drop roughly tablespoon sized dumplings onto top of soup. Be careful not to overcrowd dumplings, and do not stir into broth, let them fall in and float back to the top on their own (you should get about 12)..
- Cover and poach dumplings in simmering soup until firm. About 8-10 minutes. Dish out 2-3 dumplings with soup per serving. Enjoy!.
They'll eat quesadillas for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – just kidding, really just lunch and dinner (though a breakfast quesadilla really doesn't sound bad at all). This weeknight chicken stir-fry recipe is an easy and delicious weeknight skillet meal you can make in minutes & customize with what you have on hand. Use store-bought Alfredo sauce and leftover cooked turkey or chicken to make this easy weeknight turkey mornay recipe. Creamy turkey or chicken is ladled over toasted English muffins, browned under the broiler and topped with cheese and herbs for a quick and satisfying weeknight meal. This Chicken Alfredo recipe is perfect for a tasty homemade and easy weeknight meal.