Easy White Chicken Chili. Try Giving Chili Night a Little Extra Flair. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. These Easy Gourmet Slow Cooker Meal Kits Are Sure To Impress!
After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle back today to share one of my all-time favorite recipes for easy white chicken chili. Even better — my favorite easy white chicken chili recipe that is made with just FIVE easy. In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. You can cook Easy White Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy White Chicken Chili
- It’s 2 of grilled chicken breast roughly chopped.
- It’s 6 of sweet peppers finely chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cans of great northern beans drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of green chilies.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s To taste of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need To taste of mustard powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of GF all purpose flour mix.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
White chicken chili gets its name from the ingredients that differentiate it from traditional chili: it's made with chicken, instead of beef; white beans instead of black beans; and thickened with milk, sour cream or flour. The recipe omits red sauce entirely, thus taking on a creamy white color. Our easy recipe for white chicken chili only. White chicken chili is one of our go-to easy weeknight dinner ideas.
Easy White Chicken Chili step by step
- In a dutch oven heat the oil and sweat the peppers, garlic and onion flakes..
- Roughly chop the chicken breast, I grilled mine dusted with Montreal seasoning and granulated garlic. I cooked a whole package earlier in the week to have for dinner salads, but why not mix it up with chili! Once the garlic and peppers are softened remove from the pan. I spooned mine out on top of the chicken..
- Melt the butter in the dutch oven and add the flour, cook a few minutes until the raw taste is gone. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and mustard powder..
- Slowly whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stir in the chicken broth along with the remaining spices..
- Let come to a simmer then add the green chilies, beans, chicken breast and garlic pepper mix..
- Let simmer at least a half hour with the lid on. More time is definitely good, just keep an eye on the consistency and add more chicken broth if it gets to thick..
- Top with yogurt and queso fresco or any topping you love on chili..
Chicken, poblano peppers, mild green chilis, corn, and white kidney beans are slow simmered in a savory chicken base. Stir in some sour cream and top it with tortilla chips and cilantro for the perfect white chili recipe! Perfectly creamy with a kick—the blended spices in our Chili Beans take this Easy White Chicken Chili to the next level. Try giving chili night a little extra flair with a make-your-own chili bar! Set out toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges, avocado, or tortilla chips for your guests to customize their bowl.