Easy Orange Chicken. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. While I love the convenience of setting and forgetting dinner, I LOVE crispy orange chicken. Here's a crockpot orange chicken version too!
My most recent favorite restaurant for orange chicken is Panda Express (YUM!) The chicken pieces are tender, juicy, and lightly breaded, while the sauce is sweet and spicy, with a whoosh of fresh orange. Goes great with: Thai Cucumber Salad, Pork Gyoza, Crunchy Asian Salad, Easy Egg Drop Soup. Take Out Fake Out Easy Orange Chicken For Oven Orange Chicken: Place the fried chicken into a baking dish and pour sauce over. You can cook Easy Orange Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Orange Chicken
- It’s of Chicken:.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- You need of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- It’s of Orange Sauce:.
- You need 1/2 cup of natural marmalade.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp. of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
Handy Tip: Place a colander of broccoli florets right on top of the pot when simmering the chicken in sauce. Orange Chicken is one of the most popular dishes at any Chinese-American restaurant and for sure every kid's favorite takeout meal. Although I love the deliciousness of battered crispy deep fried chicken pieces tossed in a magical sweet sauce, I wanted to come up with an orange chicken recipe that had less calories and didn't involve a pot of hot oil for deep frying. Whether you prefer the classic preparation or something a little more creative, there's an easy homemade orange chicken recipe for you on this list.
Easy Orange Chicken instructions
- Start by placing some oil into a large, deep skillet just above medium heat. You want enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet by about 1/4" or so. While it heats up, cut the chicken into small, bite-sized chunks. Place them into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pour in the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Then seal the bag and shake it up to evenly coat the chicken..
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients and set it aside. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer… you might need to cook the chicken in batches. Fry for 5-6 minutes per side, until they are starting to brown and are cooked through. Remove them to a towel lined plate. Once all the chicken is cooked, empty the oil from the pan, wipe it out and return it to the burner..
- Place the chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Stir it to evenly coat the chicken. Let it come up to a simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce slightly, then serve..
The cornstarch and flour form a lovely light crust on the chicken that compliments the sweet sauce. The sauce is a delicious combination of marmalade, BBQ sauce, and teriyaki sauce.. This Easy Orange Chicken Recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family! It's sweet and tangy, and coated in a sticky homemade orange sauce that is perfect over rice! After you make your easy orange chicken, grab a movie, and have a date night in!