Granola (Apple Spice). Besides quinoa, this spiced granola is packed with real apples, almonds, and raisins. I peeled and finely diced a large honey crisp apple (my favorite!) and tossed it into the mix. This Apple Pie Granola recipe is jam-packed with hearty oats, walnuts, and cozy fall spices.
Made with REAL apples, maple syrup, and clusters of oats, this granola is delicious and is made with natural ingredients. This Apple Granola is made with delicious apple pie spices like cardamom and cinnamon. The reason I am calling it apple pie granola are the delicious spices I added into the mix. You can cook Granola (Apple Spice) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Granola (Apple Spice)
- You need 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of shredded Coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Almonds, chopped (I used coconut flavored).
- You need 1 of Large Apple, cored, seeded & chopped (leave skin on).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Butter (1/2 Stick) melted.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of Ginger (or you could use Nutmeg).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Craisins (dried cranberries).
Apple granola made with fresh apples! Perfectly spiced with touches of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. This yummy apple walnut spice granola will get you in the mood to put on a sweater and jump in a pile of leaves.
Granola (Apple Spice) instructions
- Pre heat oven to 275 degrees and generously spray a 13 x 9 sided pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used butter flavored).
- Put oats, coconut and nuts in a large bowl and combine. (leave the craisins for later).
- Add chopped apple, melted butter and seasonings to the dry ingredients. Mix very well..
- Place granola in pan and spread out..
- Put pan of granola in the prepared oven. Take granola out and stir every 15 minutes. Do this for at least an hour. Watch for the granola to brown and the apples are not as juicy. I shut my oven off and left the granola in to help dry out..
- One done, take granola out and let cool completely. Once cool, add the craisins and keep in an airtight container..
Ah, autumn. what could set the mood for the season better than apple spice granola? Make sure you try this apple spice granola – it is chock full of nuts and autumn spices! Whatever your reasons, make sure you try this apple spice granola! Tender apple slices are tucked beneath a sweet crunchy topping in my comforting dessert. For variety, replace the apples with your favorite fruit.