Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY. This Tofu and Cheesy Rice Casserole features slow-baked tofu atop a bed of brown rice and broccoli and smothered in a garlicky, vegan cheese sauce. Think of it as sort of like your momma's Chicken and Rice Casserole without the poor, dead chicken. If you're ever craving comfort food, this cheesy chicken and rice casserole is for you.
If you like creamy, cheesy, delicious casseroles, this recipe might just be your jam. For me, it's all about the the combination of the mushrooms, the creamy sauce, the vegan chicken, and vegan cheese. This easy Cheesy Spinach Chicken and Rice Casserole is a stress free to get a tasty dinner on the table without a lot of fuss. You can have Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced purple onion.
- It’s 1 of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of tofu cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ranch dressing (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of minute rice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried parsely.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings (optional).
The casserole is deliciously cheesy and satisfying, but when I ran my calculations after making it, I was surprised to see this seemingly decadent dish, actually had quite moderate calories per serving. For the vegan chicken, find one that is gluten free or swap with more broccoli, tofu, chickpeas, or mushrooms. Can I prep this cheesy vegan broccoli casserole ahead of time? This dish once cooked can be stored in the fridge with a cover and reheated either in the oven or microwave.
Cheesy chicken and rice with tofu & veggies EASY instructions
- Cut you chicken breast in half length wise to thin them. Cook in a little oil and top with all dry seasoning and bacon drippings..
- Stir in red pepper, onion and mushroom and sauté until soft. About 10 minutes. Add in minced garlic and shredded cheese and tofu pieces..
- Stir in both cans of soup and chicken broth and mix well, add in ranch dressing if you desire..
- Prepare rice according to directions on package and mix in the chicken and veggie mixture and serve. I garnished mine with more pepper slices, cheese and parsley..
This vegan "cheesy" broccoli and rice casserole is the ultimate plant-based comfort food! The cheese sauce is unbelievably creamy but it's made with vegetables! Being from the Midwest, broccoli and cheese go hand in hand. I used to love the chicken and rice my elementary school made and I added my own healthy twists tonight. These flavourful sticks are coated in a simple batter and quickly deep fried to golden perfection accompanied with ooey-gooey cheesy goodness!