Country Smothered Chicken Fried Steak.
You can have Country Smothered Chicken Fried Steak using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Country Smothered Chicken Fried Steak
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of cubed steak.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of soul seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of White Country Gravy.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of course black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of left over oil from steaks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
Country Smothered Chicken Fried Steak instructions
- Season steak evenly on both sides, then coat with flour evenly (for thicker breading, drizzle with 1 tablespoon water and 1 teaspoon soy sauce mixture then flour again)..
- Pour Olive oil into pan, approx 1/4 inch deep. Fry (350°) each side until golden brown. Remove steaks from oil and place in covered side dish..
- To make gravy: Pour out all but half of the remaining oil after frying, keeping all small pieces of the steak that fell off into the pan while turning and flipping. Stir in 1/4 cup of flour, whisking until smooth. Add 1/2 – 1 cup milk and whisk until desirable consistency is achieved..
- Pour gravy into side dish and place steaks back into pan (preferably oven proof), pour half of gravy back into steaks in pan then add 1 medium sliced onion on top. Bake in oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove from oven drizzle with remaining gravy, plate up and enjoy!.