Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. You can have Minestrone Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s 1 cup of Tomato puree -.
- You need 4 cups of Vegetable stock -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lentils Cooked -.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice Cooked -.
- You need 1 no of Onion finely chopped -.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic finely chopped -.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Cabbage finely chopped -.
- You need 1/4 cup of spinach Coarsely chopped -.
- You need 1 tsp of basil Dried -.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano Dried -.
- Prepare to taste of Salt pepper and.
- It’s 1 of pepper large Roasted -.
- It’s of parmesano cheese Grated for garnish.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Olive oil -.
The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe. "It is well worth the time and effort." Whether you say minestrone soup like the Italians, aka "min eh stron ee" or "min eh stron eh", this soup is the perfect gateway to. Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- 1\. In a large pot add olive oil and saute the garlic for two minutes. Now on medium heat saute the chopped onions shredded cabbage and chopped spinach for 5 minutes..
- 2\. Blend the tomato puree and vegetable stock.
- 3\. Peel the skin of the roasted red pepper and finely chop it..
- 4\. Now add the cooked lentils, blended tomato pure and stock to the sauteed vegetables and cook on medium heat for 15 min.
- 5\. finally add the dried herbs, bay leaf, salt and pepper and chopped red pepper and continue to cook for 5 min on low heat..
- 6\. Remove from heat. Place 2 tbsp of rice in a soup bowl, pour the hot soup over it, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over it. Serve hot with crusty bread with garlic butter..
Knowing when and how to cook the bite-sized pieces of vegetables. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best! I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. Minestrone Soup is easy, healthy, hearty, comforting, versatile and all made in one pot!