Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. You can have Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- You need of some butter.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- It’s Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- It’s 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- You need 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- It’s of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe. "It is well worth the time and effort." Whether you say minestrone soup like the Italians, aka "min eh stron ee" or "min eh stron eh", this soup is the perfect gateway to. Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.
Minestrone soup instructions
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
Knowing when and how to cook the bite-sized pieces of vegetables. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best! I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. Minestrone Soup is easy, healthy, hearty, comforting, versatile and all made in one pot!