Winter Minestrone Soup. Winter Minestrone & Garlic Bruschetta from Barefoot Contessa. The soup should be quite thick but if it's too thick. Winter Minestrone Soup ~ enjoy the rich, flavorful broth loaded with fresh seasonal vegetables, white beans and Chickapea Pasta!
Winter Vegetarian Minestrone Soup is a hearty, healthy soup that uses up all the fresh winter veggies and beans which are simmered in a tomato base. Its gluten free and vegan and only needs one pot. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! You can have Winter Minestrone Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Winter Minestrone Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled & diced.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled & diced.
- It’s 1 of leek, shredded.
- You need 400 g of tinned tomatoes.
- You need 800 mls of vegetable stock.
- You need 100 g of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 400 g of cannellini beans.
- It’s 80 g of wholemeal spaghetti.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Return the soup to a boil. Winter Minestrone Soup is a hearty minestrone soup packed with pancetta, sweet potato, kale and farro. Top with parmesan for the perfect bowl of soup!
Winter Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large soup pan, gently fry the onions, garlic, carrots and leek in the olive oil for 10 minutes..
- Add the stock and tinned tomatoes to the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Use your hands to break the spaghetti into short pieces, add them to the soup pan with the shredded cabbage and cannellini beans..
- Simmer gently for a further 10 minutes or until the spaghetti is just cooked, with a bit of bite. Stir in a handful of fresh parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper..
Clearly I'm overdosing on comfort food lately. In the winter, that often means homemade soup, and minestrone is one of my favorites. Many people think that minestrone is no more than a glorified vegetable soup. This vegetarian minestrone soup recipe is easy to make, low in calories and packed with vegetables. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.