Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken). This slow cooker whole chicken (rotisserie style) is juicy on the inside with delicious, herbed, crispy skin on the outside. It's a slow cooker chicken recipe favorite. Crockpot Roast Chicken makes a wonderful tender, juicy rotisserie seasoned whole roast chicken main dish, Sunday supper, or holiday dinner cooked in a slow cooker.
Rinse chicken and pat dry, ensuring giblet bag is removed. Rub spices all over the chicken, making sure to put some spice under the skin and inside the cavity. Place chicken, breast side down, on top of the onions in the slow cooker. You can have Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken)
- It’s 1 of Whole Chicken.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 5 of Small Russet Potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
There's nothing like cooking a whole chicken in a crock pot. It's the easiest way to do it as there's no tying of kitchen twine, no roasting pan, no watching the oven and the internal temperature. You just set it and forget it. Is it Safe to Cook Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken) step by step
- Mix all seasonings in bowl. (Except minced garlic).
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Be sure to remove gizzards etc. from cavity..
- Place onion in cavity. Place the 4 tblsp. Garlic in cavity. Pour 1/2 cup lemon juice in cavity..
- Massage entire chicken with oil..
- Rub seasoning mixture over entire chicken..
- Place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Pour one cup chicken broth over potatoes..
- Place chicken on top of potatoes..
- COVER, cook on low 7-8 hours..
- Carefully remove chicken..
- Remove potatoes and juices to bowl and mix well. Makes awesome mashed potstoes!.
Remove the lid from your Crock-Pot® express and select the brown/sauté function. Place the paprika, thyme and seasoning into a small bowl and mix together. Rub over the outside of the chicken. Add the oil to the Crockpot Express and place the chicken into the pot breast side down to brown. More than ever, this Slow Cooker Whole Chicken is a lifesaver.