Hollandaise. Conquer classic Hollandaise sauce with this recipe. Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the. Hollandaise sauce is a classic creamy sauce that's perfect for breakfast or brunch!
The ingredients should be fresh and of high quality. Hollandaise is light, lemony, and rich. It's glorious paired with vegetables like asparagus and broccoli, lovely on fish, and a classic treat on a steak. You can cook Hollandaise using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hollandaise
- It’s 1 oz of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 oz of chopped shallots.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 oz of water.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 5 oz of clarified butter.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of white pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
Here's a quick and easy version of the classic French hollandaise sauce made in a blender. Many people are afraid of hollandaise sauce, are you? This creamy, classic sauce is a weekend staple that can be achieved in minutes using a Vitamix blender instead of a double boiler. Wondering how to make hollandaise sauce?
Hollandaise step by step
- clarify the butter in a double boiler.
- bring a seperate sauce pot to medium heat- add the wine vinegar , ground black pepper, and shallots. reduce until almost dry..
- add water and reduce by 1/2. (about 1-2 minutes).
- strain the reduction through a cheesecloth or chinois into a stainless steel bowl/ pot.
- bring a pot of water to a boil. put the stainless steel bowl with the reduction on top of the pot of water(or use double boiler). Reduce heat and whisk in the egg yolk until mix has come to a ribbony stage. about 2-3 min. careful! do not scramble the yolks!.
- remove bowl from heat and gradually whisk in the clarified butter. (it will thicken ).
- whisk in lemon juice.
- season with salt and white pepper. serve immediately after it has thickened.
Traditionally served with fish or steamed vegetables, try our easy hollandaise sauce recipe or Delia's foaming version made in the blender. Hollandaise is a fantastic sauce for asparagus, eggs Benedict, and many other dishes. Low carb hollandaise sauce is delicious drizzled over asparagus, eggs, and seafood. Hollandaise is meant to be a warm sauce, and it's best if used as soon as it's ready. Hollandaise Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home.