Chicken stew. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper. Chicken stews are just about the most comforting comfort foods out there.
Add the kidney beans to the pot and simmer until the liquid has reduced into a stew. This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! You can cook Chicken stew using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken stew
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes pureed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic/ginger paste.
- It’s of Chicken masala.
- It’s 1 bunch of coarsely chopped parsley.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Royco cube (Optional).
Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew and Pot Roast. In a large shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook chicken until chicken juices to run clear.
Chicken stew instructions
- Boil the chicken with ½ the garlic/ginger paste, cubes and salt untill no blood is oozing. Drain the broth and set aside the chicken..
- In the same saucepan add onions abit of oil (if necessary) add the remaining garlic /ginger paste cook till golden. Add tomato puree and simmer for 2mins. Finally add the chicken and stir gently. Pour in the broth, reduce flame and slow cook for 10 mins. Add the parsley stir and remove from heat..
In a small bowl, combine the broth, thyme, ketchup and cornstarch; stir into. Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. It's all simmered in a rich seasoned chicken broth until tender. It's one of our all time favorite meals (along with beef stew)!. A recipe like this chicken stew is a meal unto itself… full of protein, healthy carbs and veggies.