Nigerian Chicken Stew. Nigerian Chicken Stew is a delicious stew made with tomatoes, peppers, fried/grilled chicken & spices. If you love chicken , you'll love this Nigerian Chicken Stew. Below is a detailed written recipe, and for the video lovers, here is a video on How to Cook Nigerian Chicken Stew.
For this recipe I am only using chicken because I don't eat red meat a lot. Nigerian chicken stew is loved by every Nigerian no matter where they reside. Nigerian chicken stew is a classic recipe and it is very delicious too. You can have Nigerian Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Chicken Stew
- Prepare of Ripe tomatoes (as needed).
- You need of Red tatashe or shombo peppers (for colour).
- You need of Red bonnet peppers.
- It’s Tin of tomatoes paste.
- Prepare of Onions sliced.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s of Chicken fried.
- It’s of Stock.
- It’s of Thyme.
- It’s of Curry.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
In my previous post, I talked about Nigerian pepper mix, as this gives you the base to making most Nigerian stew or soup recipes. Nigerian chicken stew can be eaten with almost everything from boiled rice to soups and as a dip. It is the base for the Nigerian Beef & Chicken Stew. Before you cook Nigerian Beef & Chicken Stew.
Nigerian Chicken Stew instructions
- Wash and blend the tomatoes, onions,bell peppers and others, blend to a smooth paste. Parboil the pepper mix to a thick consistency. Wash the chicken and boil using, thyme, curry, onions seasoning cubes and salt. When the chicken is done, sieve the stock from the chicken and set aside. Place pot on heat and add vegetable oil enough to fry the chicken, set the chicken aside after frying. Add onions to fry for some minutes..
- Add the tin tomatoes paste, stir to fry for some minutes then add parboiled tomatoes and stir to combine..
- Add the fried Chicken Add seasoning cubes and taste for salt. Allow to cook and add the chicken stock. Drop from heat when thickened with the oil showing up.. Serve with cooked rice or yam..
Grind / Blend the chilli pepper and cut the onions into small pieces. Start preparing the tomato stew by following the steps at: How to Prepare Tomato Stew; Cut up the chicken and cook with half of the chopped onions, stock cubes and thyme. Nigerian chicken stew is the recipe I will be showing you today. Chicken is one of the proteins eaten in my household, we love it!. The process involves boiling then frying or baking of the chicken then rehydrates in the stew or soup.