Slow Cooker Whole Chicken. Quickly make a seasoning rub featuring cayenne pepper, paprika, and thyme. Then just season chicken and marinate overnight, and cook in the slow cooker for an easy and tasty meal. Place the chicken, breast-side up, in the slow cooker.
Combine the paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt. This slow cooker whole chicken is a rotisserie style seasoned chicken made with the help of the crock pot. It's a super easy dinner option and the leftover chicken can be used in countless other dishes! You can have Slow Cooker Whole Chicken using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- You need 7 lb of whole chicken.
- You need 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tbs of poultry seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbs of unsalted butter.
I love rotisserie chicken, but it can be pricey and is often filled with sodium and sometimes even preservatives and other questionable. This recipe for crockpot whole chicken is a wonderful recipe to make during the week or a weekend meal. It's really easy to put together with spices along with vegetables. We have made this recipe over and over again!
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken instructions
- Take three loosely crumpled balls of aluminum foil and place it in the bottom of the crock pot..
- Place the chicken on top of the foil and season according to taste. Chop up the butter and place on top of the chicken or under the skin..
- Cook on low for 10 hours or until 165 degrees..
Better than roasting a chicken, this slow cooker whole chicken recipe is way easier and all you have to do is broil it in the oven to crisp the skin. Slow Cooker Whole Chicken will become a favourite. HOW TO COOK CHICKEN IN A CROCKPOT. Make a nest of vegetables and aromatics for the chicken to sit on, like celery, carrots, red onion, red potatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. This elevates the bird so that it doesn't cook in its own juices making the skin soggy.