Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries. In this easy cooking video, I cook some homemade oven fries in my toaster oven and make some garlic fries with them. This recipe was inspired by eating some. The fries are made with North American-grown, premium potatoes – including Russet Burbank.
Gregory Ng is the Frozen Food Master and acts as frozen food chef, critic, and. The purée is made with chopped Gilroy. A quick video I shot for the debut of McDonald's Gilroy Garlic Fries. You can have Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries
- Prepare of Garlic Fries & Dip.
- Prepare 4 large of Russet Potatoes [cut long-lengthwise-about the same width of your index finger].
- Prepare 1 of 9.5 oz Bottle Minced Squeeze Garlic With Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Infused Olive Oil – Granulated Garlic – Dried Parsley – Thyme – Sea Salt – Onion Powder – Garlic Pepper Seasoning.
- You need 1 large of Ziplock Bag.
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream & Chives [for dip].
- You need 1 of Bottle Granulated Garlic [sprinkle following baking].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sea Salt Or A Powdered Salt [divided – sprinkle following baking].
French fries, or simply fries (North American English), chips (British and Commonwealth English, Hiberno-English), finger chips (Indian English), or French-fried potatoes. All reviews garlic soup sandwich chicken piccata french dip ice cream omelet pancakes fries small downtown favorite food locals love every bite pleasantly surprised when family owned stopped for lunch fast friendly service the food is great. Sorting heads of garlic at Christopher Ranch in Gilroy, Calif. Gilroy's annual garlic festival turned the pungent allium into a point of pride.
Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries step by step
- Cut potatoes into French Fry form about the size of your index finger and soak in ice water [more ice than water] for 30 minutes – up to 2 hours. This step is VERY important since it makes your fries much crisper than they would without – especially since you're baking them..
- Place one of your oven racks closest to the hottest area of your oven. Top or bottom – depending upon your specific oven model..
- Preheat over to 450°..
- Excluding sour cream, chives, potatoes and your finishing sprinkles of granulated garlic & sea salt – mix everything in an extra large Ziplock bag..
- After 30 minute + chill in ice – dry fries completely on paper towels..
- Place 1/2 of your fries in your ZipIock Bag and massage well..
- Arrange fries on racks or on slightly crumpled up tinfoil so the fries can brown and crisp underneath. Or, you can lay completely flat..
- Add your other half of fries to bag, massage and repeat process..
- Lightly sprinkle granulated garlic and 1/2 tbs sea salt over fries..
- Place fries on hottest rack and bake for 30 minutes. Watch your fries closely after 20 minutes to make sure garlic isn't burning..
- Flip fries over 15 minutes in to bake cycle and sprinkle again with granulated garlic and remaining sea salt. Put back in oven for 15 – 20 minutes..
- Since there is thyme in this recipe, sour cream is the VERY best condiment to serve these garlic fries with. However, if you omit the thyme, ketchup works quite well..
- Chefs Note: You can deep fry these garlic fries. If we do, we use a garlic infused high heat oil we purchase online. DIRECTIONS FOR FRYING: Heat oil – Add fries but don't over pack them – Blanch fries in hot oil for 6 – 7 minutes until they're limp and pale – Drain on paper towels for a few minutes to even a few hours – When ready to fully fry, place fries back in hot oil for 10 minutes or until crispy – Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with granulated garlic and salt immediately..
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until a little less than al dente. Strain the garlic from the oil with a small mesh strainer. Fried potatoes with bacon in a pan. French fries get soggy when the water on the inside steams out and makes the outside moist. You can make french fries crispy by heating the outside.