The BEST French fries ever. You may have heard of frites Belges, and this is how you do it. We'll basically "cook" our potato sticks at a low temp, then we increase the fryer oil to a high temp and make them out of this word delicious. Make the best French fries ever with quick and easy tips, tricks and hacks.
Do not fry the entire batch at once- you'll need to do several, smaller batches for the best result. The best we've ever tasted, and a brief history of the potato. The Queen of French Fries was not born potato royalty. You can cook The BEST French fries ever using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The BEST French fries ever
- Prepare of French fries.
- Prepare 6 of Medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of Ketchup and mayonnaise.
Suzy Palatin grew up in the French-Caribbean While working as an actress and model there, she found that there were no french fries in the capital that met her exacting standards. Well, guess what, french fries aren't really French. "When the Americans went to Belgium to help us out in World War I, they saw military guys cooking potatoes in oil," says Bart Vandaele, Belgian-born chef-owner of Belga Cafe in Washington, D. C., "and because the official language of the Belgian. Only the crunchiest and crispiest frozen French fries on the market.
The BEST French fries ever step by step
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarter inch strips to look like French fries. You can cut them in the length and size you prefer..
- 1/4" strips.
- Put the potatoes in cold water and let them sit for 2 hours. Changing the water after 1 hour. This step is critical because it gets the starch out of the potato. It makes for great French fries..
- After 2 Hours drain the French fries and dry them with a cloth..
- Heat the cooking oil to 275°F..
- Cook the fries in batches for 2-3 minutes or until they start to turn white. Don't over cook them. Take out of the pan and place on a paper towel lined cookie sheet and put into the freezer to cool off and stop the cooking. About 5 to 7 minutes..
- After they have cooled down take the fries out of the freezer and heat oil to 375°F..
- Once the oil is heated cook the fries until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Right after they are taken out of the oil salt to taste..
Fabulously Fried: The Best French Fries Around the Country. They're hot, crisp, golden, and oh-so addicting. One of their biggest fans is chef Bobby Flay, who said, "The fries at Balthazar are unbelievably perfect," on an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Totally Fried. Got this friend who always drops french fries when he eats them. I told him to try onion rings because they're easier to hold, so he switched but it's still a problem.