Kienyeji Chicken Stew. Chicken stew- kuku kienyeji is simply one of the heartiest meals on the face of this earth. This chicken stew recipe contains the fresh flavor of ground coriander, green bell pepper and red onion which makes this so rich and with layers of different flavors. You will fall head over heels in love with this!
INGREDIENTS kienyeji chicken onions garlic tomatoes chicken curry chicken stock/water::::: Music: Sunny – Bensound https://www.bensound.com Hi Guys, here is another simple chicken stew Kenyan style recipe. For this recipe i used broiler chicken which cooks much faster than kienyeji chicken. However if you prefer kienyeji, see recipe here. You can cook Kienyeji Chicken Stew using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kienyeji Chicken Stew
- It’s 1 pc of whole chicken.
- You need 8 of gloves garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Prepare 3 pcs of tomatoes.
- You need Bunch of Corriander.
- It’s 2 pc of royco cube.
- You need 1 pc of Capsicum.
- It’s of Mixed spices.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- You need of Spring onion.
- You need of Salt.
It has always been a tradition that whenever we go upcountry to visit our grandma she always packs for us a chicken or two. Place the chicken pieces into a large sufuria/saucepan and add alittle water and some salt. Place the mixture on medium heat and cover. Drain off the excess broth from the pot and set aside.
Kienyeji Chicken Stew step by step
- Cut your chicken into small pcs.
- Wash and put in on a sufuria, add garlic and ginger and boil till soft.
- Chop onions, Corriander, and capsicum.
- Fry onions till golden brown, add garlic and ginger, stir then add your chicken, stir to incorporate all the ingredients, add tomatoes and let it cook for sometime.
- Add little water which will form thick soup then add Capsicum.
- Add Corriander and remove it from heat.
- Serve with rice.
Take your juicy Kienyeji chicken that you've bought from dial a kuku (Slaughtered and dressed.). There after, chop your Kienyeji chicken into sizable pieces and put it to boil until the meat is tender. Kuku kienyeji takes a bit longer to get cooked compared to dial a kuku whole chicken broilers. Put enough water or chicken stock to just cover the chicken pieces. Add the bay leaf and cover.