Simple Homemade Pasta! Pappardelle with Ragu Sauce.
You can have Simple Homemade Pasta! Pappardelle with Ragu Sauce using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Homemade Pasta! Pappardelle with Ragu Sauce
- You need of For the pasta:.
- Prepare 60 grams of Durum semolina flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s of For the ragu sauce:.
- It’s 100 grams of Ground meat (mixed beef and pork).
- It’s 1 small of Onion.
- You need 1 small of Carrot.
- It’s 1 small of Tomato.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of Tomato purée or juice.
- Prepare 1 of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of as neeed Red wine.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
Simple Homemade Pasta! Pappardelle with Ragu Sauce instructions
- Combine all of the pasta ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a spatula until it comes together into a dough..
- Knead for about 10-15 minutes until the surface becomes moist..
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for over an hour. In the meantime, prepare the sauce..
- Finely chop the garlic, carrots, and onions..
- Put the butter in a pot and sauté the vegetables until translucent..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned. Next, roughly chop the tomato and add it to the pot..
- Add half the wine and tomato purée until the liquid just covers the contents of the pot. Add the bay leaf and slowly simmer until the liquid cooks off..
- Once the liquid cooks off, add a little more wine and tomato purée. Repeat this process for about 30 more minutes while simmering to bring out the flavors. The color should also deepen..
- Season with salt to taste. If available, you can add to the flavor with some concentrated fond de veau, such as glace de viande, to taste..
- Dust your work surface with flour, then roll out the pasta dough to a 1-2 mm thickness. Fold the dough over, then cut it into 20-25 mm wide strands..
- Boil in a pot full of water for about 5-7 minutes until it reaches desired firmness, then drain..
- Add the well drained pasta to the pot of ragu sauce, and toss together. Cook for a while to blend the flavors together..
- Transfer to a plate, then serve. Grate on Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley, if available..