Cinnamon Shortbread cookies. Cut with cookie cutter and place cookies two inches apart on baking sheets. Valentine Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies. by Seasoned Cook. This shortbread cookie recipe makes some of the best shortbread cookies I've ever had The bars are light and tender and the cinnamon sugar topping gives them a little flair.
Ground cinnamon makes shortbread cookies even more comforting. Ground cinnamon heart-shaped candies are the surprise component of this shortbread cookie recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Valentine's Slice-and-Bake Cinnamon Heart Shortbread Cookies. You can have Cinnamon Shortbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Shortbread cookies
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of pure cane sugar.
- You need 1 stick of softened unsalted butter cut into cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Pure cane sugar to sprinkle on top before baking.
Mix together flour, cinnamon and salt; add to butter. Mix till dough comes together; roll. Home » Dessert » Cookies » Cinnamon Chip Shortbread Cookies. As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other businesses, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon Shortbread cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar together untill mixed very well.
- Mix flour into butter/sugar blend.
- Mix in cinnamon,baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix into a well incorporated dough (I used my hands to mix and knead the dough to ensure it was well mixed).
- Roll dough a quarter inch flat in between two sheets of parchment paper (it's cleaner then a floured surface and still non stick) and removed top sheet and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with cane sugar to your liking and bake for ten minutes….enjoy after cooling.