Garlic Shrimp and Grits. Shrimp and grits made summer-perfect with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and lots of garlic and olive oil. I am a big fan of shrimp and grits – I especially love breakfast shrimp and grits, which this is not, but I just got reminded of them right now as I write this out. Shrimp cooked with garlic and onion are served over garlic cheese grits.
Divide the grits among shallow bowls and top with the shrimp and sauce. This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for jump-starting the grits that I learned from Southern chef Sean Brock. Add the tomatoes and their juices, oregano, Creole seasoning, and salt. You can have Garlic Shrimp and Grits using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- Prepare 3/4 cup of uncooked grits.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,minced.
- It’s 2 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon,juiced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of ole bay seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of philadelphia cooking creme savory garlic.
Cook Grits according to package directions( use half and half and a little chicken both instead up water)and Philadelphia savory garlic. Keep warm Heat butter and Bacon dripping in a large skilled over medium high heat, saute garlic and stir in shrimp and lemon juice cook until shrimp is done. I love the creamy cheese grits topped with the most flavorful Garlic Butter Shrimp. This is the best EASY Shrimp and Grits Recipe that you can make for.
Garlic Shrimp and Grits step by step
- Cook Grits according to package directions( use half and half and a little chicken both instead up water)and Philadelphia savory garlic.Keep warm over low heat..
- Season shrimp with ole bay seasoning and cayenne. Heat butter and Bacon dripping in a large skilled over medium high heat, saute garlic and stir in shrimp and lemon juice cook until shrimp is done..
- spread warm Grits on a serving platter and pour shrimp mixture on top..
Shrimp and grits is a Southern dish everyone—regardless of where you're from—should know how to make. Ours is the best for the following the reasons. Season shrimp with oregano and paprika then add shrimp, green onions, and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and. Shrimp and Grits is a classic Southern dish that's quick enough for a simple weeknight meal.