Shrimp and Grits. Shrimp and Grits is a classic Southern dish that's quick enough for a simple weeknight meal. You can even cook the grits hands-off while you prepare the shrimp. This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for In an ideal world, we'd all be getting fresh coastal shrimp for our shrimp and grits — but we'll settle for frozen shrimp with the shell on.
Shrimp and grits is a Southern dish everyone—regardless of where you're from—should know how to make. The shrimp cooks in bacon fat. Shrimp and grits is one of those iconic Southern dishes that stir something deep inside those who grew up with them. You can cook Shrimp and Grits using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Grits
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1 medium of white onion.
- It’s 1 lb of large shrimp.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 oz of grits.
- It’s 1 can of vegetable of your choice.
- It’s 1 of chicken broth (optional).
Originally from the oceanic South—Georgia, the Low Country coast of the. Serve shrimp mixture over cheese grits. Shrimp and Grits – a dish that has been nagging me for years to try it. Last week, while in Memphis, I finally tried it and fell in lust.
Shrimp and Grits instructions
- Cook Grits according to package. (You can use chicken stock to give it more flavor.) Once finish cooking add salt and pepper to taste. Cover pot and set aside..
- While grits are cooking, chop white onion into slivers and set aside..
- Add olive oil to a saute pan. Once it's hot, add onion and stir. Once onion begins to get tender, add shrimp..
- Add salt and pepper. Continue to stir shrimp and onion until shrimp are done. Cut heat off..
- Spoon grits unto plate. From the pan, pour shrimp and onion mixture over the top. Juices from the pan give the grits extra flavor..
- Serve with a side vegetable and Enjoy!.
Shrimp and Grits Recipe – Here's a treat for everyone, Shrimp and Grits with Bacon and Cheese! So if you're looking for a Southern Style. Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. Once a popular morning meal throughout the South, shrimp and grits is no longer restricted to breakfast tables below the Mason-Dixon line. My Shrimp and Grits are topped with a mound of garlicky shrimp, smoky ham and caramelized peppers, on a rich flavorful bed of cheesy grits.