Hennessy Shrimp and Grits. Hennessy shrimp and grits using K-Stokes Hennessy steak and seafood sauce. This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for jump-starting the grits that I learned from Southern chef Sean Brock. The final step in shrimp and grits is bringing the two together.
Using a lighter, carefully ignite it so it catches Vegan Sausage and Grits Recipe. Cajun Shrimp and Grits- Creamy Grits with Cajun Shrimp , a Southern Classic Elevated! Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. You can have Hennessy Shrimp and Grits using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hennessy Shrimp and Grits
- Prepare of Raw peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cube of chicken bouillon.
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of Instant grits.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Hennessy.
- It’s of Honey.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. This quick and easy shrimp and grits recipe will wow your family as a weeknight meal or impress guests at a dinner party. So I knew when I saw this recipe I'd have to make it for him. Shrimp and grits made summer-perfect with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and lots of garlic and olive oil.
Hennessy Shrimp and Grits step by step
- Pat shrimp dry and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Boil water for grits and cook strips of bacon. Save bacon grease for later..
- Add teaspoon of butter to a separate skillet and cook shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Hennessy and honey to shrimp and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bacon grease,garlic, lemon, and green onions then sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to shrimp mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Put instant grits in boiling water and add your cube of bouillon..
- Once grits are cooked add cheese until melted. Then place grits to a bowl and top with the shrimp mixture..
- Top off with green onions and bacon crumbles.
Bonus – these grits are creamy and dairy-free. I am a big fan of shrimp and grits – I especially love breakfast shrimp and grits, which this is not, but I just got reminded of them right now as I write this. Shrimp and Grits are a favorite dish in the "Low Country" of South Carolina and particularly in Charleston. This Low Country favorite recipe for shrimp and grits is spiced up with two secret ingredients: a little Budweiser and a lot of tasso, a Cajun-spiced ham. Turn heat to low; gently simmer until grits begin to thicken.