Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- It’s 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- It’s 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- Prepare 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- You need 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- You need 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans…
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!