Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, I use either bone in or boneless depending on whats on sale..
- It’s 3 can of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. I do not drain the juice off..
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 box of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cummin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 can of Black Beans, I do not drain them..
- It’s 2 can of Sweet Corn, I do not drain the juice off..
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cook chicken breast in skillet. Add two tablespoons of water to pan. Season breasts with cummin, salt, and pepper as desired. Turn chicken as need lightly Browning each side until completely cooked. Adding the water will keep your chicken moist. Once done cut into pieces and add to crock pot..
- While chicken is cooking, dice onion and garlic. I also use garlic minced in a jar. Simmer both in skillet with vegetable oil on low-medium heat for 10 minutes then place in crock pot..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your crock pot and cook on high heat for two hours then place on low or warm..
- can top with tortilla chips, sour , cream, and shredded cheese..
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!